...how you could live the dream and earn added value from your Italian property...
In all cases you will have to think about how to get your property noticed, so a marketing strategy is essential. Promotion through rental websites, social media or your own website or blog are all tried and trusted methods.
A word of advice, provide as much information as possible about the property, the location and local amenities. Images are the first impression so they must portray the property in the best light possible.
The are practical considerations as well. If you are not there full time you will need a local person to meet the guests to hand over the key, cleaning/linen changes need to be carried out between visits, maintenance may be needed from time to time, personal liability insurance is also a must.
- A two bedroom apartment with shared pool near the beautiful walled town of Lucca: 1,200 Euros per week in the May to September period.
- A four bedroom detached villa in Tuscany : 2,500 – 3,000 Euros per week.
- The larger the villa and the more services offered (airport pickups, wine tasting, catering services etc ) the more income you can generate.
- A bed and breakfast near Bologna in Emilia Romagna: 70-80 Euros per person per night.
- Five bedroom villa by the sea in Puglia: 3,000 Euros per week.
- Five bedroom villa by the sea in Tuscany: Starting from around 5,000 Euros per week.