- Only use an agent who responds in a timely, informative manner and actually answers the questions you have asked!
- Make sure your agent is representing your interests only. Italian agents represent both buyer and seller
- In Italy, both buyer and vendor pay commission on sales plus VAT. Being a UK based agent Realpoint does not charge VAT on commission.
- Use an agent with a wide selection of properties. One point of contact who can organise everything, makes your viewing trip much easier.
- Chose an agent who can speak the language of your choice.
- Work only with registered agents.
- Insist on an itinerary for your visit, avoid spending valuable viewing time looking at unsuitable properties.
- If you are interested in a renovation project ask that a Geometra or Architect be present so you can discuss your renovation plans.
- Do not sign anything until you have had a period of reflection - preferably when back at home It is a buyer's market in Italy so the house of your dreams will probably still be available.
Contact Realpoint Property to let us help you find your dream home in Italy.